We are Forgotten Angels Equine Rescue (FAER) – a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that consists of a small group of dedicated volunteers who work tirelessly to save horses, donkeys mules and ponies from slaughter and neglect.
- To rescue equines from slaughter.
- To ensure quality care and treatment of horses through intervention, education, and outreach.
- To provide transportation, holding facilities, humane and quality care for abused, abandoned and neglected horses and other animals.
- To promote public awareness for the dramatic prevalence of horse slaughter, animal abuse and neglect.
- To involve the community in events, activities and a continuing environment which teaches patience, kindness and creates a sense of moral and social well-being.
Thousands of horses are annually transported across our borders to be slaughtered for human consumption in European and Asian markets. We regularly find animals in the kill pens just waiting for transport and we acquire as many we can manage to save.
So far we have rescued over 100 horses and there are more on the way to our stable. However, this effort is expensive as many of these sweet animals are neglected, sick, injured, or starving. We bring them home and give them what they need to restore their health and spirit — finally we get them homes with loving families.This is wonderfully rewarding work, but very expensive; therefore, we host these events to support our rescue activities.
If you want to join our cause and can help with our mission to help equines everywhere, please use the “Donate” button and make a tax deductible donation securely through PayPal.
Check donations can be mailed to:
Forgotten Angels Equine Rescue
288 Hartford Road
Medford, NJ 08055
Our phone number is 609-820-6377.
We are always trying to raise funds to rescue horses that are standing in kill pens. Urgent and immediate needs are always posted on our Facebook page. To help with this lifesaving endeavor, we need funds for quarantine, medical funds, vaccines, farrier and dentistry. The easiest part of pulling these horses is paying their slaughter price to the kill broker. Once they get pulled off the lot it costs us on average about $700 in the first 30 days.
There are many ways to help, consider volunteering your time either by helping with the chores and grooming at the rescue or by hosting a fundraising event, please send us an email to email@example.com or call/text Darlene at 609-820-6377 or feel free to drop us a message on facebook.